Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Fortunes?

So today,
against my better judgment,
I added the fortune cookie ap on Facebook.

Yea, I know.

Having a Facebook is bad enough,
Right?

Well anyway, I opened it.

Of course it's the most depressing thing I've ever read.
It hit home.

"Your first love hasn't forgotten you."

Yes, I'm aware.
I am a petty 11th grader.
(a.k.a. typical high school girl)

No, I'm not proud of it.

BUT that fortune really packed a mean punch.

He-who-will-remain-nameless-and I were together for a year and a half
give or take.

We broke up over summer.
As happens often to couples in high school.

The thing is,
he was different.

At least to me he was.

We're still friends.
Which is rare.

But I miss him more every day.

It seems awful, I know.

But I sure do love that boy,
even if our situation makes it hard for us to function together.

I'm lucky we still talk,
but I just want to see him again.

There's my stupid story.

Yes, hello, my name IS pathetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment