Friday, October 8, 2010

Today, I made a cake.

This morning,
I awoke to the sweet music of...
my little sisters screaming at my mother.

This is the conversation:

Emma (11) "Like mom, seriously, I HAVE to go to knott's scary farm tomorrow night!"
Mother     "Emma, you are 11, you aren't very brave, and you don't even sleep in your own bed after watching a scary movie. You won't be able to handle it"
Emma "Like mommmmmmaaahh! >:( YOU SAID I COULD!"
Mother  "No I did not. Go get ready for school"
Emma "I DON'T HAVE TO LISTEN TO YOU!"
Mother "yes you do."
Emma "FINE!" (stomping noise and then slammed door)

This is the conversation between my mother and my other sister Abby:


Abby(10?) "..."
Mother "Abby?"
Abby "..."
Mother "ABBY!"
Abby "..."
Mother "Abby, you need to make sure you are ready to go by the time I get home from dropping off Emma"
Abby "..." (noises from the TV)

Mother takes Emma, and returns.

Mother "Abby! Let's go!"
Abby "fine fine.."
 (walks into the room)
Mother "YOU DIDN'T BRUSH YOUR HAIR!"
Abby "I thought you said I had to be out of bed by the time you got home"
Mother "NO! you were supposed to BE ready"
Abby "FINE!" (stomping noises and a door slam)

You can clearly see why I'm glad to have a day off when they don't.

So, Wednesday was my best friend Heidi's birthday,
and today we are..
PARTYING!!! WOO!

BUT I needed to make her a cake,
so I did.

and it is beautiful!
There is a yeti on it!

2 comments:

  1. little-known fact: my created teams on Madden & NCAA video games (yeah, I'm a severe nerd) are often called . .

    the Youngstown Yeti

    ReplyDelete